Mr. Sanjay Bhatnagar serves as President, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and Board Member of WHI since 2009. He brings extensive global experience in emerging markets Infrastructure development and management as well social enterprises and sustainable business models.
Mr. Bhatnagar founded the THOT Capital Group, a private equity firm investing in energy and infrastructure. Sanjay Bhatnagar also served as a CEO of Enron Broadband Services for the Middle East and Asia, Chairman and CEO of Enron South Asia, developing and project-financing large-scale infrastructure. Sanjay worked with Schlumberger in SE Asia and Europe on provision of oil field services to global oil majors.
• MBA with Honors from the Harvard Business School
• Master’s in Engineering from Stanford University
• Bachelor’s in Engineering with distinction from the Indian Institute of Technology
• Data Science Program, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
• Board Member, US India CEO Forum
• Founding Board Member of US India Strategic Partnership Forum
• The Global Agenda Council on Water, World Economic Forum
• Water Advisory Board, University of Alberta, Canada
• Board member, US India Innovation Forum
• Director Emeritus, US India Business Council
• Former Director, AIESEC International;
• Former President, American Chamber of Commerce in India
• Member, YPO & WPO;
• Director, Tango Digital Media, New York
- Visit their website
- WaterHealth International
- Contact via
- Areas of Impact
- North America
WaterHealth International's (WHI) approach of decentralized sustainable water purification makes it possible to deliver safe water services to communities once considered unreachable. WHI constructs and operates micro-water utilities called WaterHealth Centres. It uses commercially available water purification technologies, remote monitoring and smart card systems to provide affordable, safe drinking water to nearly 450 underserved communities in India, the Philippines, Ghana and Bangladesh.