Open navigation

Sylvain Couthier

Sylvain Couthier is a graduate in Economics and Social Sciences as well as in Computer Science Management. He began his career as a Sales Engineer at Computer Associates, a large software development company. After several years of experience, he moved to ATF in 1996 and took over the management of the company in 2005. In 2008 he created the adapted company ATF Gaia. A former high-level rugby player (Racing Club de France), Sylvain has transposed the values of this sport into his company: team spirit and respect for others. Sylvain is also Administrator Ile-de-France of the UNEA (National Union of Adapted Companies) and member of the first French network of growth entrepreneurs, CroissancePlus. Since then he has received several recognitions, including: CroissancePlus Societal Engagement ScaleUP award in 2018, Knight of the National Order of Merit in 2016, Boston Consulting Group and Schwab Foundation Social Entrepreneur of the Year award in 2015, and EY Entrepreneur of the Year award for Social Engagement in 2013.

Visit their website
ATF Gaia
Contact via
Model
For-profit Social Enterprise
Sectors
Circular Economy; Workforce and Employment; Social Innovation
Headquarters
France
Areas of Impact
Europe, France

ATF Gaia

Groupe ATF is a major player in the social, solidarity and circular economy, focusing on the life cycle management of IT and telecom equipment: Reconditioning and reselling professional used IT and telephony mobile (buy-sell-recycling); secure processing of personal data (GDPR), it is a Blancco Gold partner; e-commerce; IT services (masterization, help desk, computer deployment).

Groupe ATF fully believes in corporate social responsibility and works to maximize its social and environmental impact. It supports schools and foundations in France, Morocco, Madagascar and Cameroun with computer donations for children, refugees and excluded people. Its engagement allows it to provide new technologies and education for a better world. Its subsidiary ATF Gaia is an adapted enterprise focusing on the recycling and reselling of IT and telecom equipment, which promotes equal access to employment by integrating a large majority of workers with disabilities in its workforce (80%).

Groupe ATF's workforce is 123 employees strong, including 58 workers with disabilities. The company provides its employees with opportunities to achieve professional goals, with around 700 hours of training per year. The training identifies current and future market needs and supports people with disabilities in developing the skills needed to find durable employment. In 2017, Groupe ATF had a turnover of €22.6 million (+33%) and treated 350,000 pieces of IT equipment – reselling 65% and recycling the remaining 35% – via its sustainable development model. It is a Microsoft authorized refurbishing centre.