Today, the Schwab Foundation for Social Entrepreneurship announced the winners of its Uplink Corporate Changemakers Challenge. This challenge aims to champion innovative solutions from corporate intrapreneurs who demonstrate that companies can contribute to advancing social and environmental equity, while also increasing value for the business.
Intrapreneurship is the act of employees taking entrepreneurial actions within organization to drive change and growth. The Schwab Foundation, along with Salesforce and other partners*, recognize the importance of fostering a culture of intrapreneurship and encourages employees to think outside the box and come up with new and innovative ideas that have an impact on the world.
The Corporate Changemakers Challenge received over 100 submissions, with contributions ranging from new products and services to process improvements and sustainability initiatives.
The winners of the Corporate Changemakers Challenge are:
- Datalead Africa: Deaf-In-Tech Project.
- Ericsson: Transforming and connecting the waste industry - turning trash into cash.
- Givaudan International: Imagin8 - Social / environmental intrapreneurship incubator.
- Google.org: Emergency relief for people impacted by war in Ukraine.
- Mastercard: Community Pass.
- LinkedIn and Microsoft: Public Private Partnerships for Skills and Employment.
- Philips: Universe Imaging Centre.
- Zurich Insurance Company’s grassroots movement: NEXT.
The Schwab Foundation is looking forward to working with these incredible intrapreneurs in the next 6 months and supporting them to positively advance social and environmental equity.
"Corporate Intrapreneurs are a breed of bold changemakers working from within businesses to unlock innovative solutions for the most pressing social and environmental challenges.Their work is increasingly recognised as a powerful source of inspiration and innovation to renew corporate purpose as well as a to drive more inclusive and sustainable businesses”.—Dr François Bonnici, Director of the Schwab Foundation for Social Entrepreneurship.
Find out more about the Schwab Foundation and its commitment to intrapreneurship.
* This project is led by the Schwab Foundation for Social Entrepreneurship and Salesforce, and supported by Fundação Dom Cabral, Circle of Intrapreneurs, League of Intrapreneurs, Rutgers – Institute for Corporate Social Innovation, Craigberoch, Yunus Social Business, and Global Intrapreneurs Institute.